You don’t have to be a barrista to enjoy a quality latté at home. This rustic latte recipe that can be easily replicated and scaled up to please a small group. The sweet coconut gives this drink a tropical twist to a classic coffee shop flavor. The dairy in this recipe can easily be swapped out for cashew/almond based half and half to make it vegan. If you don’t have espresso, substitute for super concentrated coffee (more grinds, less liquid) made in a french press or drip coffee maker.
Coconut Caramel Latté
- Milk frother
- 1 oz hot espresso
- 5 oz half and half
- 1 oz coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 T caramel sauce divided
- coconut shavings for garnish (optional)
- In a medium sized coffee cup, add espresso, and caramel sauce, set aside.
- Combine half and half, coconut milk and vanilla. Steam until warm using a milk frother, or heat milk, cream in a small saucepan using low heat (do not boil) and whisk until foamy. Set aside for assembly.
- To assemble latte, add espresso and a small amount of caramel sauce to mug of choice. Stir to combine.
- Next, gently pour frothed milk into mug. Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce and garnish with shaved coconut. Enjoy immediately!