Cucumber Melon Mint Salad
Yield: 6 people
- Y Peeler
- Cutting Board
- Chef's Knife
- Bread/Slicer Knife
- 10 oz cantaloupe, watermelon or honeydew melon peeled
- 2 medium english cucumbers
- 1 c feta cheese crumbled
- 1/2 c mint leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 c basil leaves chiffonade
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- tt salt and pepper
- If using cantaloupe or honeydew for salad, cut melon in half. If using a watermelon cut a 3-4 inch section thick slab of fruit. With a sharp knife, slice the melon into long thin ribbons. Place melon ribbons into a large mixing bowl. Set aside
- Using a mandolin or a sharp vegetable peeler, carefully peel cucumber into thin ribbons as well, turning the sides to avoid the seeded portion at the center. Set aside as well
- Add cucumber ribbons, mint, basil and feta to mixing bowl with melon and gently fold to combine. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately on a chilled platter.
This quick salad requires minimal time in the kitchen and is super refreshing. Use the fresh leafy herbs you have on hand to make this salad shine.
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]