Colored hot chocolate is definitely trending in the barista world. Pink fun for adults and kids alike! When adding color to food, always go natural when you can. Beetroot adds natural pink color and adds minimal flavor to your drinks. If beetroot powder is unavailable, use a very thin slice (1/8 in thick) of fresh red beetroot instead, adding it to the pot before heating hot chocolate and removing it before serving.
Pink Peppermint White Chocolate
- 4 c whole, almond or soy milk
- 1 c white chocolate chopped
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tbsp mint extract
- 1/2 tsp red beetroot powder
- whipped cream
- crushed peppermints
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, white chocolate and brown sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Whisk to incorporate ingredients.
- Add beetroot powder and whisk vigorously to create a froth.
- Pour into four mugs and top with whipped cream and peppermints.