Preparing to do a 5 ingredients or less series for those who have limited ingredients on hand, but don’t want to sacrifice quality or flavor. I started creating 5 ingredient dishes after receiving the 3-ingredient cookbook as a gift. The beauty of fewer ingredients is that each one has a chance to stand out. Bonus: its amazing on your wallet. If this is you, keep scrolling!
Installment 1 is this very easy chili lime chicken. Marinade your chicken overnight to highlight the bursting flavors. Marinade can be done with other proteins, such as salmon, duck or even tofu.
Roast Chili-Lime Chicken
- large bowl
- sheet tray with parchment paper
- 2 lbs chicken leg quarters split
- 4 juice and zest limes
- 2 tb chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tb olive oil
- lime wedges for serving
- tt sea salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine lime juice and zest, chili powder, garlic and oil. Whisk gently to combine. Add chicken pieces to bowl, season with salt and pepper. Toss chicken in marinade to coat. Cover the marinading chicken and store in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375º. meanwhile, line a sheet tray with parchment paper. Place marinaded chicken on tray and spread out evenly. Pour remaining marinade atop chicken. bake for 35-40 min, until chicken reaches internal temp of 165º. Pour excess juice off to reserve for dipping.
- Optional: move chicken to broiler to quickly crisp skin on chicken before serving.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 min and move to serving dish. garnish with lime wedges and leftover au jus.