Indulge in a comforting breakfast with our Brown Sugar Bourbon Baked Oatmeal. Sweet brown sugar meets smoky bourbon in this warm and hearty dish that’s perfect for meal prep. Make it the night before for a stress-free morning meal.
This recipe is inspired by some of my favorite fall flavors: rich brown sugar, smoky bourbon paired with a touch of spice, and hearty oats. It’s the perfect warm, filling way to start your day.
- Rolled Oats: The heart of this recipe, providing a wholesome and filling base.
- Brown Sugar: Adds a delightful sweetness and rich flavor. Reserve some of your sugar to add to the top of your oats for a nice variation of texture
- Bourbon Whiskey: Infuses a smoky and warm depth of flavor. Don’t worry, baking off your oats cooks the alcohol out of the mixture, making it safe to eat before heading out for your day.
- Nutmeg: A touch of spice to complement the sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract: Enhances the overall aroma and taste of your oatmeal.
- Steamed Milk: A creamy topping of your choice to finish it off. Use milk, half and half a plant based milk to keep the recipe vegan
For an even better experience, let the oatmeal mixture sit in the fridge overnight to allow the flavors to meld together. The result is a morning delight that’s both convenient and delicious. There are lots of fun toppings to choose from for this breakfast. I like to use chopped bananas to keep it simple, or e my peach cobbler filling and crumble topping recipe (Link) when I want to be more indulgent. Make it your own!
Meal prep tips
To streamline your mornings, prepare the oatmeal mixture in advance. And only bake what you need in the morning. This way, you can have a wholesome breakfast ready to go, even on your busiest days.
Brown Sugar Bourbon Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Airtight container
- 1 Baking sheet
- 1 Spatula
- Heat safe bowl
- 4 cups Rolled Oats
- 4 cups Water
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar Plus more for topping
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/5 tbps Bourbon Whiskey
- Steamed milk for topping
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except milk and store in an airtight container under refrigeration until ready to use.4 cups Rolled Oats, 4 cups Water, 2 tsp Vanilla Extract, 1/4 cup Brown sugar, 1/2 tsp Nutmeg, 1/2 tsp Salt, 1/5 tbps Bourbon Whiskey
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Spray a baking sheet with baking spray and place 1 cup of oatmeal mix (per serving) onto the tray in a thin layer.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes, until the oats begin to absorb the liquid.
- Remove the tray from the oven. Fluff oats with a spatula and scoop into a heat-safe bowl.
- Top with brown sugar, steamed milk, and your choice of seasonal toppings.Steamed milk for topping, 1/4 cup Brown sugar
Specialty Tools and IngredientS
This recipe doesn’t require any specialty tools or unique ingredients, making it accessible for everyone to enjoy.