Indulge in the sweet and spiced flavors of our Peach Cobbler Dessert and Breakfast Topping. This versatile filling is made with juicy peaches and a blend of aromatic spices, which is perfect for adding a delicious twist to your favorite desserts and breakfast dishes.
Peachy recipe Inspiration
When I was a little girl, my mother would make me brown sugar pancakes, with homemade brown sugar peach syrup. When I got older, it became a nostalgic treat that I learned how to make my own. Use these gently spiced sweet peaches as a topping to elevate an indulgent breakfast or rich dessert
Vanilla Bean Paste is an optional ingredient, but I love to use vanilla extract at the end of cooking the peaches. A quality vanilla extract adds to the depth of flavor and enhances the sweetness of the brown sugar. I love to use vanilla bean paste when possible. You can get my favorite brand on Amazon
This cobbler filling recipe is wonderfully simple, yet incredibly versatile. You can easily switch out the peaches for other fruits like apples, pears, plums, or even rhubarb. This simple filling can be used to top a variety of items, such as ice cream, hand pies, and even hot cereal, pancakes, or french toast. The peach filling also goes great with crumble topping for a quick and easy dessert. If you’re feeling adventurous, you could even add some extra spices or flavors to your filling to give it an extra kick. And if you’re looking for a more indulgent treat, you could always add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
Brown Sugar Bourbon Baked OatmealMeal Prep Tips
This peach cobbler topping can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. To use, take out a portion of your filling and warm it up to use on your favorite breakfast. I love to use it on top my brown sugar bourbon oatmeal
other great make-ahead dishes
- Easy Crumble Topping for Breakfasts and Desserts, which I love to pair with these peaches
- Maple Brown Sugar French Toast, great for weekend brunch or weekly meal prep
- Brown Sugar Bourbon Baked Oats, that are warm, rich and perfect for an indulgent breakfast
- My Pear Almond Coffee Cake, which is beautiful and great for entertaining
peach cobbler topping video
make it along with me!
peach cobbbler topping full recipe
Peach Cobbler Dessert and Breakfast Topping
- 1 lb Sliced Peaches
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- Bring a large saucepan or pot to medium-low heat and add the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt.
- Allow mixture to dissolve and come to a bubble, about 2-3 minutes. Stir to incorporate as it is heating.
- Add peaches and any syrup in the can to the sugar mixture and gently mix to incorporate. Allow peach mixture to come to a simmer for 15 minutes
- Remove peaches from heat stir in vanilla extract and allow to cool.
- Use to top your favorite dessert, parfait, or breakfast.