All the delicious warm flavors of French toast in an easy-to-make oven ready dish. French toast bake is perfect for weekends, brunch and entertaining friends.
A few years ago this became one my moms signature dishes for when she has all of her kids, grandkids over for the weekend. She always preps her bake with fluffy brioche tons of butter, brown sugar and pecans for crunch. The next morning, it goes in the oven and fills the air with sweetness, which makes us anticipate tearing it apart even more! Of course, my recipe isn’t as good as hers, but I managed to make it my own.
The beauty of French toast, is that you can use any fruits and nuts you would like to fit your tastes. Add raisins, cherries, nuts, nutella, berries or even cream cheese to the layers of your bake. There are tons of flavor combinations to make this your signature French toast recipe.
Meal prep tips
Make the night before up to two days before for morning brunch prep.
Maple Brown Sugar French Toast Bake
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Pan
- 1 Loaf Artisan Bread
- Bring a large saute pan or griddle to medium-high heat
- Add oil, then the onions and peppers, saute to prevent burning
- When veggies begin to soften add garlic, oregano and seasoning.
- Continue to saute until slightly golden
- Remove from heat, cool, and store for service