A rich, tender classic American carrot cake recipe with warm spices and a rich cream cheese frosting
Meal prep tips
This cake recipe can be made in advance and will keep in the refrigerator covered for up to 5 days. Remove from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before enjoying. Package your cake in individual slices for an easy grab-and-go treat.
Spiced Carrot Cake
- 13 x 9 Baking Pan
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Clove
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 4 Eggs
- 1 2/3 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Canola oil
- 2 Cups Shredded carrots
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line a 13x9 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine and sift all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon,nutmeg, clove and salt). Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment. Whisk until light, fluffy, and nearly doubled in size.
- Gently fold in oil, followed by the shredded carrot.
- Lastly, gently stir in flour mixture in thirds until incorporated and the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth it out evenly. Gently tap to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake until slightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. About 25-30 minutes.
- Allow cooling completely before cutting into 12 sections (see notes)
- Top with cream cheese frosting (see recipe) and store under refrigeration until ready to serve.